Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Head Down

Today was my 33 week appointment with Dr. Brown. She performed an ultrasound and I was delighted to hear that Baby is already in good position with her head down, ready to be born! Her heart rate is 133 bpm today and things are looking good! In two weeks I will go back and have a pelvic exam to check my cervix and after that I will see the doctor weekly to monitor my blood pressure and urine. So far I have gained 23 pounds and I think that is pretty good.

Tomorrow I have an appointment to meet the pediatrician, Dr. Miller at noon for an hour-long class. I am just checking things off the list now. Last night we bought the stroller frame and an extra car set base for Nick's car. All we really need now is a rocker/glider, dresser and breastfeeding pump. We will also get a crib, but don't plan on having it right away.

The doctor asked me how I was feeling and I told her that I am now starting to feel more aches and pains. She said "it's only going to get worse!" She said that I should do whatever I need to do now because once the baby is here, it will be too difficult to leave the house and that cars are actually the most dangerous threat to babies. After hearing her say this, it made me really glad that we are living in The Domain. I dont think that I will face the risk of isolation like I would have if we were still in Pflugerville. Dr. Brown encouraged daily walks and sunshine. I think the Baby and I will be quite content window shopping and going to the tea shop in her early weeks...and hopefully we will have plenty of visitors to keep us company!

No comments:

Post a Comment