Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sharing the news

Oh, is it hard keeping such news a secret for long! It will be very difficult to wait to announce the pregnancy to our extended group of friends and family, but we couldn't wait too long to spill the beans to our closest people. The first person I told was my oldest friend, Alex.

I waited nearly a week to tell my sister. I met her on January 18 to accompany to her to an appointment in Austin. I picked up lunch for us at P. Terry's Burger stand, but we wouldnt be able to eat until after the appointment. When we got out, I took the bag of burgers and handed it to Sarah. She looked at it strangely for a second. I had written "Aunt Sarah" on the bag with a Sharpie. Because we have an Aunt Sara, she was wondering why I would write Aunt Sarah on the bag, using Sarah with an "h." Then she got it! Sarah said, "Oh my god! You're pregnant!?" and then she screamed in the parking lot. So, that was fun.

Later that evening, my parents were driving down from Allen to San Marcos. We discussed meeting them for dinner on their way down there. With me working late and traffic, and them being so tired, it didnt seem like we were going to be able to get together for dinner afterall. I was dispointed because I wanted to tell them in person, today! So, I asked my mom if they could just meet me at the Target on the tollway by my house so I could give her some things to take to my sister.

Nick and I met them and talked for a bit about our house sale negotiations and then they said they had to go. They hadnt eaten since breakfast and were exhausted from a long workday and drive. The both got back into the car and were ready to take off. I looked at Nick like "do something!" So Nick yells at my parents, "Get out of the car!!" My mom wouldnt budge. She goes, "why?" He responded "Get out of the car!!" Finally she got out of the car once my dad did and Nick said "we have something to tell you." My dad knew immediately. "We're having a baby!" They were so happy. Everyone was tearing up and then my dad said, "OK, now we have to go to dinner!" We went to Thai Spoon and had a good meal. My mom was shaking the entire time. She wanted to know how long she would have to wait before she could tell people/put it on Facebook. At this point I havent even been to the doctor yet! She said she wanted to tell my Aunt Sara, but would wait until after the appointemnt on Tuesday.

In the car ride back, we called my Grandma on speaker and told her the news, that she is going to be a Great-Grandma! She was so excited and said she will now have something to dream about. About 10p.m. when I was in bed, I got a congratulatory text from my Aunt Sara. I just laughed...mom just could not WAIT to tell someone. It's fun and I can't wait to tell my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment