My first OBGYN appointment was on Tuesday, January 24. There was a part of me that still could not believe this news is true and really looked forward to the validation that I would get from Dr. Brown. When she did the ultrasound, what came up on th screen was the gestational sack. She said that I am not as far along as she thought. (Oh no! What does that mean?) She tried several times to manipulate it to see if there was evidence of an embryo. She told me that I must be at 5 weeks, instead of 6, and that I could come back in 7-10 days for another ultrasound. She didn't give me much time to ask questions, but she said "it isn't bad." She printed out the picture and gave me a tote full of enfamil coupons and brochures and I left.
It didn't dawn on me until I got home and thought more about it, and consulted the Web, that I thought maybe this isn't so good. All I wanted was some reassurance that I was indeed pregnant and that the baby was doing well and on target. As the days grew on, I became more anxious and fearful about what would come about on the next visit. What if it was another picture of an empty sack? After researching "blighted ovum," I was petrified. It would be a long week to wait for the next appointment!
No comments:
Post a Comment