Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, June 6, 2016

Our Son

This morning we went in for the anatomy scan at 19w 3d. Nick and I both waited patiently for the tech to bring up the pics that would reveal the baby's sex to us. At the last moment, I anticipated it would be a girl. When she told us it was a boy, Nick was so excited and had tears of joy! He got his boy!!! I was happy too, but also a little bit like "oh my gosh! this is unchartered territory for me!" I don't know about boys! I know about girls!

She finished up the appointment and measured all the parts. She said that the baby is in the 46th percentile, which is awesome. He weighs apx 11 oz right now and has 10 fingers and 10 toes. His heartbeat was 145. Everything seems to be going well for the little guy. We were quick to inform our family and friends of the news. Everyone was of course excited for us.

Ruby was at school when we found out so we waited until we were both home from work to let her know that she was going to have a brother. I was nervous about how she would handle it, as she has expressed several times over the last months that she "doesn't like boys" and that "boys smell." I stopped at Toys-R-Us on my way home and found a newborn babydoll Cabbage Patch kid that was a boy. We presented it to her when we told her and she was actually fine with the news. She just wanted to play with her new babydoll! She took a bath with him and fed him and changed his diaper. She is really going to be a loving big sister I think!



No comments:

Post a Comment