Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, July 23, 2012

Slowing Down

I am slowing down. This weekend I had such lofty goals. A checklist of things that have been begging to be crossed off.  Actually my Friday was quite slow and I did not even leave the apartment until after 5. I thought with such a restful end to a busy week, I would be energized for the weekend.

Prenatal Pilates Class
In fact, I woke up early to attend a free pre-natal pilates class at Lululemon in The Domain. The class was sponsored through The Bump Club of Austin and I was excited because I haven't done a pilates class in years. When I arrived at the store, I quickly felt like I might not belong. First, I was not dressed clad in Lululemon apparel, wasn't carrying a designer handbag, and had absolutely no make-up on. It was 8:15 on a Saturday...who has time to primp before an exercise class? And who spends $100+ on yoga pants, anyway? Evidently these people do.

Anyway, the class began and it was so hot. I was already sweating before the class began, and wished I'd worn shorts. The instructor said the mall controls the A/C so there was no way to make it cooler. This was starting to feel cruel. About half way into the class I started to feel dizzy and my head was tingling. I had to stop. I sat down on the exercise ball and tried to recover gracefully while the others continued. I couldn't believe I was the only one suffering here! I came back to finish the class and stayed to see the "fashion show" at the end, where everyone "oohed and aaahed" over the overpriced bras, shrugs, pants and tank-tops (Have these people never heard of Target?).

After class I met a friend downtown for brunch and had a nice time catching up with her. After that, I hit a wall. All I could think about was laying down, and staying down. And that is pretty much what I did the rest of the day and night. Walking is starting to feel like a chore. My belly aches when I change positions in the bed. My back is tight. Sunday wasn't much different. Nick and I walked across the street for breakfast and then set off on some errands. I would not have made it out on my own. Grocery shopping is even starting to get to be too much- and I enjoy that normally. I didn't have the energy to make my Sunday yoga class, even though the stretching would have been nice. I said I would go Monday night instead. Come Monday, and all I could think about was laying down when I came home from work, which is what I did.


Suffering from insomnia?
One thing that is probably a good source of my struggle is that I have insomnia. I wake up at strange hours, with my mind wandering, worrying. I cant get back to sleep and then I am exhausted when it is time to get up, or mid-day when I need to be the most productive. This morning I woke and went to get some cereal, checked my email. It was funny because I had just received an email from "What to Expect" about insomnia, which evidently affects 75% of pregnant women in the third trimester. That's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment