Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Meltdown

Yesterday was Monday and it marked the beginning of the week and the start of a new venture for me at work. Due to some changes at work, my territory jumped from covering 6 hospitals to 11, stretching all the way from Georgetown and Cedar Park down south to Kyle. I started out with a very busy day and many new patients that had to be seen. When I arrived at Seton Williamson (where I will be delivering) to see my first patient, I had a complete meltdown. Basically, I was leaving the office to check in when another woman was coming through the door, which almost hit me. It didn't hit me, but my reaction was totally out of control. I went and sat down and just started bawling. Luckily it is not a very busy hospital. I decided I needed some fresh air and sat outside the Women's Center and called Nick. I knew how irrational my response was. I just felt like the world was imploding and I could not stop. Finally I went to my car where there was A/C and dried my eyes and flakes of mascara wiped across my cheeks. After about an hour after I arrived, I finally went up to see the patient. Urgh! Luckily I was able to laugh about it with some co-workers at Happy Hour later that day. My friend, Lisa, who is pregnant with twins also shared her mother's day meltdown story. We blame the hormones 100%.

I'm 22 weeks and 4 days today
Today was my 22 week visit to see Dr. Brown. Nick and I went and it was a really fast visit. She did another ultrasound and the images are not quite as clear as the past few have been, but cool never the less. We did get a really good glimpse of the baby's spine, seeing all the little vertebrae. Other than that, there was not much new to discuss at this visit. We will go back in another month.

Tonight we walked over to Macy's after dinner and ventured up to the baby section. Nick gravitated to the Baby Polo section, of course. He bought his first outfit...an adorable baby blue Polo dress with bloomers. He also picked up some Nike baby socks this weekend! He can't resist and I think we may be in trouble!! :)
We also went to see the move "What to Expect When You're Expecting" over the weekend. It was a very predictable kind of movie and format. but it had parts that we could relate to. The end was touching when the babies were all born. We are so looking forward to that day for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment